You will play a role in shaping the destiny of world leading brands
Founded in 2006, MTM is a specialist provider of strategic advice and insight to high-profile brands in media, technology, sports, entertainment and the arts.
We deliver qualitative and quantitative consumer research solutions as well as commercial strategy consultancy for Google, Spotify, Amazon (Prime Studios/ Audible), BBC, ITV, Channel 4, The FA – and many more.
You will learn from the best in a market leading, award winning, innovative team
We have been recognised for our excellence by the industry and across the media sector. A selection of recent awards and accreditations include;
Media Research Group
- Winners of Best Research Supplier 2021, 2016
- Highly Commended for Best Realisation of Research 2021
Market Research Society
- Shortlised for Agency of the Year 2021, 2020
- Winners of Best Agency 2018, 2015
Mediatel Media Research Awards
- Silver Winner, Best Custom Media Research Project 2020
- Research Agency Team of the Year 2017, 2016
We have also been acknowledged as one of the UK’s Leading Management Consultants by the Financial Times in 2021, 2020 and 2019.
You will develop a broad range of skills, spanning both research and strategy
Some projects are pure research and some are combined research and strategy. All of our studies are designed bespoke, combining a blend of traditional and cutting-edge techniques. To give you a flavour for the types of work we do, here are 3 different examples:
- Disability and gender portrayal in the media: two high-profile studies for the BBC that are helping programme commissioners to better represent today’s audiences
- A series of studies that helped inform the recently launched Sky Glass – from initial concept through to product development and marketing
- A study on the ‘Fan of the Future’ which segmented football fans across Europe – helping leading clubs playing in the Champions League to better understand modern football fandom
You will be supported in a fun, flexible working environment
- A dedicated line manager to oversee your personal development and the opportunity to become part of account teams, where you can make a difference for our highest profile clients
- Regular training sessions, bringing in external experts for sessions on subjects e.g. mindfulness, confidence, statistics and storytelling
- Flexible working arrangements; a mix of working from home and coming into our London or Leeds offices
- A strong, inclusive company culture, with regular social activities, a monthly all-company ‘town hall’, knowledge share lunches and a wide programme of charity events
- A forward thinking organisation that has committed to becoming carbon neutral in the next 5 years, by signing a pledge as a founder member of a new MRS initiative to achieve NetZero.
You will have responsibilities right from the very beginning
In this role, you will both learn and take on responsibilities from the start.
Responsibilities may vary but will include:
- Helping us deliver projects; learning both project management skills, and how to report insights which meet our clients’ business needs
- Analysis skills; and learning how to develop concise and visually engaging outputs which make a business impact
- Collaborating with colleagues across MTM (qualitative/ quantitaitve research and commercial strategy); ensuring clients enjoy a seamless project experience and a single cohesive narrative in findings
- You will develop both qualitative and quantitative skill sets;
- General: attending briefing meetings, background/desk research, charting in PowerPoint and Google Slides, writing Word reports and presenting to clients.
- Quantitative: preparing questionnaires and stimulus, checking quantitative survey scripts and data tables, liaising with field and DP suppliers, quantitative analysis
- Qualitative: preparing discussion guides and stimulus, liaising with recruiters, viewing a range of interview styles (focus groups, depth interviews etc, both digitally and in person if COVID safe), qualitative analysis.
You will have the following skills and mindset
- An enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the media and/or sports sector
- Be sparky and curious about human behaviour and research
- Degree-level education (achieved or expected 2:1 or 1st)
- Exceedingly high quality standards and you never miss a deadline
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and the ability to create engaging presentations in PowerPoint.
You will receive the following benefits
- Competitive salary of £22k – £27k, depending on experience and location
- A bonus based on both individual and team performance
- Clear pathway for career development
- An annual personal training budget of £500
- Pension (employer’s contribution of 5%)
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- In addition to all national holidays, we offer 25 days leave, increasing gradually after a qualifying period
- Payment of a professional subscription
- A range of social events.
Interested? Great! Here are your next steps
Graduate Assessment Days at our offices in early February 2022 totest your skills and aptitude for a career in market research, working with other candidates.
It is also a fabulous opportunity for you to meet the team, ask questions, see the offices and experience the culture of the company you could work for.
If you would like to be considered please email us at email@example.com, including a CV and a covering letter.
The deadline for applications is Friday January 7th 2022 and we would encourage you to apply ASAP. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us at the above email address, or call us. Please note we are only able to accept applications if you are eligible to work in the UK.