Do you love TV, film, (audio-)books, podcasts, gaming and/ or technology? Are you curious about human behaviour, why people do the things they do? Do you love to learn and try new things? Talking to people all day long about their media consumption habits, their interests and preferences sounds like a day well-spent to you? Or immersing yourself in Excel data tables all day long sounds like a dream come true? Then a career in media research might be for you!
MTM is an international research and strategy consultancy, specialising in media, technology, entertainment, advertising, and sport, working with industry giants such as Facebook, the BBC, Google, and Amazon to provide a bespoke service that provides exceptional quality outputs to our clients.
- Most of all curious and inquisitive minds
- Bright and enthusiastic candidates with a can-do attitude
- A proactive and enquiring approach to work
- Passion for media, entertainment, and technology
- An interest in human behaviour / psychology
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Accuracy and attention to detail, with high standards of written output
- Able to exercise initiative, lateral thinking and flexibility
- A love for working collaboratively
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
We run an on-going internship programme within our research team. Interns typically join us for four weeks (often with the possibility to extend the internship). All our internships are full-time and successful candidates will be paid the London Living Wage for the period of the internship. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work closely with the research team and be exposed to a range of projects for some of the biggest media brands, including the BBC, YouTube, Google, Channel 4 and Amazon (amongst others!), helping with a range of tasks, including research, analysis, report writing and participating in meetings.
We will aim to give our interns experience across the business, in both qualitative and quantitative research, as well as with our strategy consulting team (though our interns will mostly be working with the qualitative team).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to develop a career in market research and in particular within the media and tech industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level education required
- Research experience (whether theoretical through a research methods module at university or hands-on experience), would be beneficial, but is not a requirement
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Research internship).
To apply for our internship, please send in a CV and covering letter.