- MTM, the trusted insight and strategy partner for the world’s largest companies, has released HEART by MTM, its groundbreaking new growth framework for healthy acquisition and retention for subscription and digital services brands.
- The proprietary framework uses seven brand experience drivers providing actionable insights on which strategies to double down or pull back on, who’s doing it well and who to be inspired by, so brands can take swift action to drive growth.
- Brand health insights in the XTech categories covered include:
- The success of the FinTech category is attributed to brands like Monzo and Wise, which have been disrupting conventional norms and delivering new experiences that exceed established benchmarks.
- HEART highlights Airbnb as a TravelTech leader, providing a joyful vacation experience distinct from other brands that merely enable travel.
- Just Eat leads the food delivery category in terms of brand health, due to its strong physical and mental availability and competitive pricing, whereas HelloFresh leads in the recipe boxes category.
London, UK. 12th December 2023: MTM, the trusted insight and strategy partner for the world’s largest companies, has introduced HEART by MTM, a groundbreaking growth framework for subscription and digital service brands. This innovative framework provides quantitative insights and highlights top performers across eight key industry categories including finance, travel, gaming, food, video-on-demand, sports, telecommunications and music. HEART highlights TravelTech as one of the top-performing categories for brand health.
HEART uses Structural Equation Modelling and Regression Analysis to calculate brand strength (the T-Score) and brand experience drivers, including getting the basics right, integrity, value, innovation, presence, ease of doing business, and personalised relationships, to identify the impact on brand health. Assessing fifty brands over eight different categories, HEART aims to guide brands in making the right investments to drive ROI.
HEART highlights the TravelTech sector as a top-performing category within XTech (such as FinTech, TravelTech and FoodTech), in terms of brand health, emphasising that brand success stems from understanding customers’ unique needs in various travel use cases and crafting experiences that meet those requirements. In FinTech, success is attributed to brands challenging existing category norms and innovating experiences that single-mindedly address consumer needs. Within FoodTech, HEART identifies success elements like effective advertising, lifestyle alignment, and the capacity to personalise experiences. The framework also indicates that recipe box subscription brands outperform ready-to-eat delivery brands as they provide customers with more variety and engaging experiences.