- Leadership of smaller and medium-sized projects, or being part of a bigger team with coaching of juniors for large-scale research and insight projects, supporting Quant Directors
- End to end project management – managing timelines, deliverables and budgets across MTM’s field and data suppliers and by liaising with colleagues
- Delivering concise analysis and engaging outputs and collaborating throughout projects with colleagues across qualitative research and commercial strategy to ensure a seamless project
- Line management of colleagues
- Opportunity to attend and present at conferences
Skills and knowledge
- Demonstrable experience within a research agency; technically competent in quantitative research in the field of media, entertainment and/or technology (essential)
- Experience in iGaming and sports research
- Motivated and excited by competing for new projects (and wider new business activity)
As a boutique, MTM offers you the chance to make a big impact quickly, get the credit for it, and develop at your own pace. We believe strongly in finding a path for development that suits your aspirations, and we’re expanding quickly so there’s always new initiatives to get involved with. You’ll learn from highly experienced seniors but you’ll be able to carve out your own style. You’ll rub shoulders and build hybrid projects with experts from adjacent disciplines too, which is a great learning opportunity. And you will work alongside multiple disciplines, such as strategic consultants, so can continuously learn and evolve.
We offer a competitive salary as well as a host of benefits including:
▪ A bonus based on both individual and team performance
▪ Support towards career development (to become a certified member of the MRS for example)
▪ An annual personal training budget
▪ Pension (Employer’s contribution will be 5%)
▪ Private healthcare with Vitality
▪ Life insurance
▪ Income protection insurance
▪ In addition to all national holidays, MTM offers 25 days’ leave, increasing gradually after a qualifying period
▪ Day off for your birthday
▪ Payment of a professional subscription
▪ A range of social events
What do we do?
We offer strategic advice and insight to help our clients think through their challenges, to support their decision making and help their organisations thrive. Our services include commercial strategy consultancy, trends and cultural insights, qualitative and quantitative market research, data science – and UXR.
This ability to blend different disciplines (each with highly skilled, specialist practitioners) makes MTM different from other strategy houses, or other research agencies. We view our clients’ issues through many lenses (commercial, cultural, human) and understand them more completely as a result.
Who are the clients?
We focus on media, technology, advertising, and entertainment (sport, gaming, arts). We are proud of our client list. It spans some of the world’s biggest firms (e.g. Google, Amazon, Facebook), some of the most adored brands (e.g. Spotify, Pinterest, Disney, HBO, the Premier League, PokerStars), and the most prestigious legacy brands the UK market has to offer (e.g. the BBC, Channel 4, Sky, BT, The FA).
Why you’d like the work?
We’re privileged to work on some of the most fast-moving and exciting issues in the world today, supporting clients with challenges of global import – yet relatable topics. There’s always a new question to answer, no two projects are the same, and the work is fascinating. We’re thoughtful about our work, and we’re passionate about what we do. That enthusiasm generates warm and friendly relationships with clients and other partners. And MTMers come to really know their stuff.
We strive for a really high quality standard and will help you to be the best you can be. Don’t just take our word for it: in 2015, 2018 and 2023 we won the Market Research Society award for ‘Best Agency <£20m’. In 2023 we won four Mediatel Awards, including the Grand Prix for our product development work on Sky Glass.
In December 2022 we won the MRS New Consumer Insights Award for our work on Winning Apps with Google. Most of our clients come back time and time again.
Around 60+ curious minds, all with a real drive for getting to a good answer. Not always the easiest answer for our clients to hear, but the answer that will help them move forward.
We work on a hybrid basis. People come to our offices three days a week – to connect with each other for more creative meetings and deeper conversations, or simply to have fun.
We have socials, book club, team lunches, quizzes, awards, charity events and good old fashioned coffee breaks, so that people can get to know each other.
If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you…
You can get in touch with us via email@example.com (Subject line: UX Researcher).
To apply for this role, please send in a CV and why you’re interested in the role.