What does a B2B Research Manager do?
- Lead small and medium bespoke research and insights projects, and support Associate Directors and Directors on large-scale projects
- Coach and mentor junior researchers on research best practices
- End-to-end project management – manage timelines, deliverables and budgets
- Deliver concise analysis and engaging outputs
- Play a key role in brainstorm and execution, both at the beginning of the project for discussion guide design; and on the back-end with analysis, story-boarding, and reporting
- Demonstrate confidence and experience in client communications and presentations
- Contribute towards our growth by helping with proposals and/or new business
- B2B research experience (or interest)
- Experience in the media, tech, or entertainment (sports / gaming) sectors
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience moderating interviews
- Experience with a range of qualitative techniques
- An impactful storyteller who excels at simplifying, educating and inspiring
- The ability to unlock meaningful solutions to challenging questions
- Impeccable client management – answering questions before they ask & able to pick out the nuances of clients’ business challenges
- Attention to detail with exceedingly high quality standards
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- A collaborative problem solver who always keeps marketing solutions at the centre of their thinking
As a boutique, MTM offers you the chance to make a big impact quickly, get the credit for it, and develop at your own pace. We believe strongly in finding a path for development that suits your aspirations, and we’re expanding quickly so there’s always new initiatives to get involved with. You’ll learn from highly experienced seniors but you’ll be able to carve out your own style. You’ll rub shoulders and build hybrid projects with experts from adjacent disciplines too, which is a great learning opportunity.
What are the benefits?
- A bonus based on both individual and team performance of up to 10%
- Support towards career development (to become a certified member of the MRS for example)
- In addition to all national holidays, MTM offers 25 days leave
- External yearly training budget of £500
- Employer pension 5%
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance and income protection
- Season ticket loan
- Eye test voucher
- Company paid flu vaccination
- Birthday off as extra holiday
- Extra days holiday for length of service
What do we do?
We offer strategic advice and insight to help our clients think through their challenges, to support their decision making and help their organisations thrive. Our services include commercial strategy consultancy, trends and cultural insights, qualitative and quantitative market research, data science – and UXR.
This ability to blend different disciplines (each with highly skilled, specialist practitioners) makes MTM different from other strategy houses, or other research agencies. We view our clients’ issues through many lenses (commercial, cultural, human) and understand them more completely as a result.
Who are the clients?
We focus on media, technology, advertising, and entertainment (sport, gaming, arts).
We are proud of our client list. It spans some of the world’s biggest firms (e.g. Google, Amazon, Facebook), some of the most adored brands (e.g. Spotify, Pinterest, Disney, HBO, the Premier League, PokerStars), and the most prestigious legacy brands that the UK market has to offer (e.g. the BBC, Channel 4, Sky, BT, The Football Association, Global Radio, Ofcom, Arts Council England).
Why you’d like the work?
We’re privileged to work on some of the most fast-moving and exciting issues in the world today, supporting clients with challenges of global import – yet relatable topics. There’s always a new question to answer, no two projects are the same, and the work is fascinating.
We’re thoughtful about our work, and we’re passionate about what we do. That enthusiasm generates warm and friendly relationships with clients and other partners. And MTMers come to really know their stuff.
We strive for a really high quality standard and will help you to be the best you can be. Don’t just take our word for it: in 2015 and again in 2018 we won the Market Research Society award for ‘Best Agency <£20m’, and we’ve been nominated for best agency the last three years. In 2023 we won four Mediatel Awards, including the Grand Prix for our product development work on Sky Glass. In December 2022 we won the MRS New Consumer Insights Award for our work on Winning Apps with Google. Most of our clients come back time and time again.
Who are we?
Around 50+ curious minds, all with a real drive for getting to a good answer. Not always the easiest answer for our clients to hear, but the answer that will help them move forward.
We’re a young firm. Our interests range from Gossip Girl to the geegees, from Santan Dave to UKTV Dave, Anna Karenina to Anna Kendrick, Birdman or the Vulture … yes, we’re media mad and have every corner of modern entertainment culture covered.
We work on a hybrid basis. People come to our offices three or more days a week – to connect with each other for more creative meetings and deeper conversations, or simply to have fun. We have socials, book club, team lunches, quizzes, awards, charity events and good old fashioned coffee breaks, so that people can get to know each other when not in the office every day.
If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you…
To apply for this position please send in a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with B2B Qualitative Research Manager in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!