At MTM we believe that a diverse workforce is better for our industry and our society. We’re committed to doing what we can to achieve and promote diversity both within the company and across the industry as a whole. We have 7 specific steps that we take to achieve these goals:
- Empathy and respect: we are committed to promoting openness and diversity within the workplace by seeking to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly and by encouraging empathy across the organisation. This includes ensuring we are non-judgemental to diverse life choices and welcome different opinions across the team. We also provide access to training and workshops.
- Fair pay: we commit to paying everyone — from full-time employees to interns — at least the London Living Wage.
- Equal pay: we check market rates every time we recruit and, during every pay review across all levels within MTM. This ensures we are paying people in line with their level of responsibility, rather than their gender, race, age or background.
- Career progression: recruitment and career development decisions are made on the basis of the skills and experience required for the position. We actively welcome a variety of perspectives within the company, whilst remaining true to our company values. We are implementing measures to ensure we avoid unconscious biases throughout the recruitment process.
- Supply chain: we commit to working with our partners and suppliers — whether fieldwork agencies, research suppliers or recruitment partners — to help them improve their policies and practices around diversity.
- Research process: we commit to including a diverse and representative mix of research participants within our projects in order to positively influence the decisions and actions that we are helping our clients with.
- Outreach: we are committed to supporting staff outreach initiatives (e.g. university outreach), and we are engaging with partners at a company level to encourage talented people from ethnic minorities and lower income backgrounds to enter our industry.