We are looking for a talented Research Manager to join our growing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to deliver strategic research and insight projects across a variety of sectors and countries.
Responsibilities may vary but will include: –
- Leadership for smaller projects, or being part of a bigger team for large-scale research and insight projects, supporting Quant Directors
- End to end project management – managing timelines, deliverables and budgets across MTM’s field and data suppliers and by liaising with colleagues
- Delivering concise analysis and engaging outputs
- Running cross-tabs and filters, that might be in one of the following: Excel, SPSS, Desktop Reporter, Q or similar analysis package
- Collaborating throughout projects with colleagues in MTM’s other teams (qualitative research and commercial strategy) to ensure that clients enjoy a seamless project experience and a single cohesive narrative in the findings
- Potentially line management of colleagues at Research Assistant or Research Executive level (depending on team structure at time of joining)
- Tasks include: attending briefing meetings, writing proposals and preparing costings, background/desk research, preparing custom questionnaires for primary research, checking quantitative survey scripts and data tables, liaising with field and data processing suppliers, quantitative analysis, charting in PowerPoint, writing Word reports and presenting to clients.
What are the key things we are looking for?
We currently have a hybrid working policy, with at least two-days in the office (per week), though some individuals choose to work from our offices full-time.
Candidates who meet the majority of the following additional criteria will be at an advantage:
- Demonstrable experience within a research agency; technically competent in quantitative research in the field of media, entertainment and/or technology (essential)
- Interest in sports, gambling or gaming
- A collaborative problem solver who always keeps marketing solutions at the centre of their thinking
- An impactful storyteller who excels at simplifying, educating and inspiring
- The ability to unlock meaningful solutions to challenging questions
- Impeccable client management – answering questions before they ask & able to pick out the nuances of clients’ business challenges
- Experience in researching a range of geographical markets
- A ‘finisher’ – can meet deadlines and see things through to their successful completion
- Motivated and excited by competing for new projects (and wider new business activity)
- Confident in advocating for your ideas
- Attention to detail and exceedingly high quality standards
- An enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the media sector
- Excellent written and visual skills with a flair for simplicity (plus flair for data visualization)
- Intellectually curious
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
You can get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Research Manager).