ABOUT THE TEAM
Where does this vacancy sit within MTM?
We’re looking for a Senior Research Executive (or Research Executive) for the Quantitative B2B Research team.
This is a new role, created because of the strong growth in this team in recent years – we win bigger contracts, more global work and more of the foundational studies that drive our clients’ marketing and product strategy for many years (e.g. segmentations, brand trackers, product development).
This role currently sits within and works closely with the Strategy team.
What type of work does this team do?
All projects are designed bespoke to the needs of our client’s brief, following consultation with them about their needs. We use a range of traditional and cutting edge methods – whatever is best suited to the job.
Examples of this team’s exciting work include:
- Brand health trackers for leading tech companies globally to help them understand and improve their brand positioning
- A customer journey study for app advertisers across multiple verticals, incl. gaming, e-commerce and tech
- Thought leadership studies with widely published white papers to explore the value of digital audio, digital Out-Of-Home (OOH) and many more
- Fuelling the optimisation of the brand equity and communications for a leading tech company, working directly with product, developer and engineering teams
- Four years of a cultural trends tracker in the US, UK, Germany & Japan for a major international broadcast studio, which informs their strategy for which content to acquire and develop.
ABOUT THE ROLE
What does a B2B Senior Research Executive do?
- Deliver bespoke projects for a range of clients, looking after the bulk of the project management and reporting (with guidance)
- Delivering concise analysis and engaging outputs and collaborating throughout projects with colleagues across commercial strategy and qualitative research to ensure a seamless project experience and a single cohesive narrative in the findings
- Tasks include: attending briefing meetings, background/desk research, preparing questionnaires and stimulus, checking quantitative survey scripts and data tables, liaising with fieldwork and data processing suppliers, quantitative analysis, charting in PowerPoint, writing Word reports and presenting to clients
- Contribute towards our growth by helping with proposals and/or new business activities (e.g. desk research or writing marketing blogs)
What are the key things we’re looking for?
- Quantitative research experience from within a research agency (B2B experience preferred, but not essential)
- Experience or interest in the media, tech, or entertainment (sports / gaming) sectors
- Confident at interpreting data tables with cross-breaks and adept at creating PowerPoint charts with quantitative data
- Practical experience in assisting or writing screeners and questionnaires
- A desire, and ability to cultivate client relationships
- Attention to detail with exceedingly high quality standards
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Intellectually curious
What are the development opportunities for this new role?
MTM offers a range of training elements, incl. on-the-job training, company-wide (e.g. confidence training, proposal writing etc.), team-specific (e.g. stats, questionnaire writing, etc.) and external training. You’ll get to work on cutting-edge approaches with some of the brightest and most experienced researchers and strategists. MTM puts a lot of emphasis on personal development with objectives reviewed regularly and we let people find their own path in terms of specialism.
Why is this such a great opportunity?
As a boutique, MTM offers you the chance to make a big impact quickly, get the credit for it, and develop at your own pace. We believe strongly in finding a path for development that suits your aspirations, and we’re expanding quickly so there’s always new initiatives to get involved with. You’ll learn from highly experienced seniors but you’ll be able to carve out your own style. You’ll rub shoulders and build hybrid projects with experts from adjacent disciplines too, which is a great learning opportunity.
What are the benefits?
- A bonus based on both individual and team performance of up to 10%
- Support towards career development (to become a certified member of the MRS for example)
- In addition to all national holidays, MTM offers 25 days leave
- External yearly training budget of £500
- Employer pension 5%
- Private health insurance
- Life insurance and income protection
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye test voucher
- Company paid flu vaccination
- Birthday off as extra holiday
- Extra days holiday for length of service
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
You can get in touch with us via email@example.com (Subject line: B2B Senior Research Executive).