Founded in 2006, MTM is a specialist provider of strategic advice and insight to some of the world’s leading brands. Our services include qualitative and quantitative consumer research, and commercial strategy consultancy within the media sector, in addition to technology, sports, entertainment and the arts.
A quality-driven boutique agency, MTM is extremely well regarded by the research industry and across the media sector. In 2015 and again in 2018 we won the Market Research Society’s award for ‘Best Agency <£20m’, and we were short-listed for the Agency of the Year Award for 2020. Other recent award wins include MediaTel Media Research Award 2020, IAB Europe Research Award 2020 and UK’s Leading Management Consultants from the Financial Times in 2019 & 2020.
Our turnover has increased at a consistent and sustainable level to over £5M in 2019 and we currently employ around 35 highly skilled and committed staff and are continuing to grow. We had a successful sales year in 2020, despite the impact of COVID-19, and still exceeded our annual sales target. We are an ambitious company by nature, but we are also extremely driven by quality. Our medium to long term aim is to continue to grow in an organic and sustainable fashion, while maintaining our reputation for producing very high-quality work.
MTM offers a unique hybrid service; some projects are ‘pure research’ and some are ‘combined research and strategy’. All of our research projects are designed bespoke, combining a blend of traditional and cutting- edge techniques.
Examples of our exciting work include:
- Gender portrayal in the media: a high- profile study for the BBC, published in the national press, which helped programme commissioners to better represent today’s audiences.
- A global segmentation of kids aged 4-11, to help WarnerMedia understand the overall cross-platform media context for how their TV channels, games and merchandising are consumed.
- Brand tracker for Pinterest, among its business audience of advertisers and media agency planners, to understand perceptions of using Pinterest as an advertising platform
- Helping Google Nest to plan their next few years of EMEA marketing strategy to drive demand and adoption of smart home products (ranging from small ‘Mini’ speakers through to their new product launches and full smarrt home solutions for security or energy), using 6 market qual and quant with market landscaping and expert interviews.
- Research across Europe, the Middle East and Asia to illustrate the ways in which people use YouTube and how important it is to them.
- A series of studies to help Sky decide how to develop Virtual Reality content
- A thought leadership study by Thinkbox on audience need states across all different kinds of TV and video, launched as The Age of Television.
- A trends study in the US and UK study for a major international content creator, which informs content acquisition and development across audio and video.
What it is like to work for MTM?
MTM places an emphasis on having a strong, inclusive company culture, with regular social activities, a monthly all company town hall, knowledge share lunches, a programme of charity events (including Tough Mudder, The Royal Parks Half Marathon and an annual pub quiz) and attending awards ceremonies.
We’ve adapted to COVID-19 by giving staff the flexibility to work at home full time if they prefer, whilst also keeping the office open for most of the week for anyone who wants to use it. We’ve also introduced things like team check-ins and company social events on Zoom to help maintain a support network and cultural benefits for staff, in addition to mindfulness sessions led by a professional.
The organisation is led by a team of extremely experienced directors who are highly regarded in their respective fields. The company provides an ideal environment for ambitious and committed individuals who are keen to progress their career.
As a boutique company, MTM offers its employees certain advantages that very large companies cannot. These include:
● An environment in which you can make a big impact and get credit for it.
● The opportunity to work closely and learn from highly experienced senior members of staff.
● The chance to learn all aspects of the business and to be part of the decision making process.
● The excitement of working for a rapidly expanding firm.
We are looking for a talented Research Executive or Senior Research Executive to join our growing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to deliver strategic research and insight projects across a variety of sectors and countries.
Responsibilities may vary but will include:-
- To help us deliver projects for a range of clients, looking after project management and reporting (with guidance)
- To be responsible for, and take ownership of, projects / project elements
- Delivering concise analysis and engaging outputs
- To enjoy meeting and presenting to new and existing clients
- To contribute toward our growth by helping with proposals and new business activities
- Collaborating throughout projects with colleagues in MTM’s other teams (qualitative research and commercial strategy) to ensure that clients enjoy a seamless project experience and a single cohesive narrative in the findings
- Tasks include: attending briefing meetings, background/desk research, preparing questionnaires and stimulus, checking quantitative survey scripts and data tables, liaising with field and DP suppliers, quantitative analysis, charting in PowerPoint, writing Word reports and presenting to clients.
What are the key things we are looking for?
We are currently working remotely, but we’d expect the candidate to work in our London or Leeds when we do hopefully return to having more time in the office.
Candidates who meet the majority of the following additional criteria will be at an advantage:
- 1+ years’ quantitative research experience from within a research agency (essential)
- An enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the media and/ or sports sector (essential)Must be confident at interpreting data tables with cross breaks
- Degree-level education (2:1 or 1st)
- Adept at creating Powerpoint charts with quantitative data
- A ‘finisher’ – can meet deadlines and see things through to their successful completion
- Attention to detail and exceedingly high quality standards
- Intellectually curious
What are our key benefits?
This will include but not be limited to:
- A bonus based on both individual and team performance
- Support towards career development (to become a certified member of the MRS for example)
- An annual personal training budget
- Pension (Employer’s contribution will be 5%)
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- In addition to all national holidays, MTM offers 25 days leave, increasing gradually after a qualifying period
- Payment of a professional subscription
- A range of social events
How to apply
If you would like to apply for the role please email your CV and any covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the role you are applying for and include your current/previous salary level and benefits package.
We are only able to accept applications if you are eligible to work in the UK.