The position we are offering
- Research Executive / Senior Research Executive in our research team – based in our Leeds office (but with regular trips to the London office)
- Some of the most fascinating projects around, with leading edge clients
- A friendly, motivated atmosphere and team with one of the best networks you’ll come across, throughout the media sector and central government
- This is a quantitative research position, but with opportunities to work on qualitative projects dependent on the candidate’s interests and aspirations
- To work closely with the team and Directors to develop a world-class media and sports research proposition
- Specifically to become an integral team member for a multi-market tracking study
- To help us deliver beacon projects for a range of clients, looking after the bulk of the project management and reporting (with guidance)
- To be responsible for, and take ownership of, projects / project elements
- To enjoy meeting and presenting to new and existing clients
- To contribute toward our growth by helping with proposals and new business activities
- Tasks include: attending briefing meetings, background/desk research, preparing questionnaires and stimulus, checking quantitative survey scripts and data tables, liaising with field and DP suppliers, quantitative analysis, charting in PowerPoint, writing Word reports and presenting to clients.
The experience we are looking for
- 1+ years’ quantitative research experience from within a research agency (essential), which ideally includes international brand tracking experience (if it’s for media or sports clients an added bonus!)
- An enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the media and/ or sports sector (essential)
- Degree-level education (2:1 or 1st)
- Must be confident at interpreting data tables with cross breaks
- Able to run cross-tabs and filters, for example that might be in one of the following: Excel, SPSS, Desktop Reporter, Q or similar analysis package
- Adept at creating Powerpoint charts with quantitative data
- A desire, and ability, to cultivate client relationships
The personal qualities we are looking for
- A passionate interest in a career in media and sports research
- Ambition to develop your skills in offering strategic insight and advice to clients
- Helpful, flexible, and enjoys working as part of a team, including colleagues from different backgrounds
- A ‘finisher’ – can meet deadlines and see things through to their successful completion
- Enthusiasm for building and developing strong client relationships
- Exceedingly high quality standards.
MTM is a specialist provider of strategic advice and insight to, and about, the media, communication and sports sectors. We work for some of the most exciting clients around, including Sky, the BBC, Channel 4, MTV, The FA, Sport England, the US Open, Google and YouTube Some of these projects are ‘pure research’ and some are ‘combined research and strategy’. Our research is all bespoke, using a blend of traditional and cutting edge techniques.
The MTM business was founded in 2006 and we launched our consumer research division in late 2010. In this short space of time we have been nominated for best new consumer insight agency for the 2011 and 2012 Market Research Society Awards, won an IAB Europe Research award, were winners of MediaTel’s Media Research agency of the year in 2016 and 2017, winners of the MRS’s Best Agency (turnover under £20 million) in 2015 and 2018 and on the FT’s list of leading management consultants 2019 and 2020.
Some examples of the exciting research work we have been undertaking include;
- Exploring engagement with the BBC’s 6 Nations tournament coverage across the UK
- Evaluating the pathway to encourage men over 35 to continue playing football
- Tracking global trends in terms of what type of media content people are most interested in to support a global media and tech giant in their decisions about commissioning new TV shows, audiobooks and podcasts using a blend of continuous surveys, social media listening, consumer qual and opinion former qual
- Presenting our paper ‘A Game of Two Halves’ at the MRS’s 2020 Sporting and Gaming conference
We are ambitious and our aim is to be the leading specialist media consultancy for research and strategy services in the UK.