The Rise of the Digital Audio Advertiser, a white paper written by MTM for DAX, the digital audio advertising platform from Global –Europe’s largest radio company – has generated significant coverage in the trade press in the UK and beyond.
Built around MTM’s survey of 220 manager-level and above executives at media agencies and advertisers in the UK, as well as a series of depth interviews, the research generated reinforced DAX’s position as an industry thought leader in terms of audio advertising.
The paper focused on the growing role of digital audio in media plans – with 84% of advertisers surveyed planning to invest more in digital audio in 2018 – and the potential significance of exciting new developments such as voice-activated devices and podcasts.
79% of advertisers and agencies, for example, believe reaching audiences through voice-activated devices in the next 12 months is key, with 68% planning to create ads specifically for voice-activated devices in 2018. Similarly, as digital audio consumption increases, 77% of advertisers and agencies agree advertising in podcasts represents an untapped opportunity, with 66% of advertisers saying they will advertise in podcasts this year.
A selection of the press coverage is included below. To read the full The Rise of the Digital Audio Advertiser report, go to http://thisisdax.com/
- Campaign: Two thirds of advertisers plan to create ads specifically for voice-activated devices this year
- WARC: Media budgets grow for digital audio
- WARC: Digital Audio investment will grow this year
- Music Week: New DAX study predicts rise in voice-activated devices will drive change among advertisers
- Mediatel: New report reveals the potential of digital audio
- Radio Today: Report says podcasts are an untapped opportunity
- Ad Tech Daily: Advertisers and agencies to invest more in digital audio in 2018 – 84% say it will play a bigger role in their media plans
- Netimperative: Rise in voice search: Advertisers to invest more in digital audio
- Marketing Industry News: Rise of voice search Advertisers to invest more in digital
- The Music Network: How the rise of voice-activation devices is changing the music industry and adland
- Lovely Mobile: Two thirds of advertisers plan ads for voice-activated devices according to mtm
- The Industry Observer: Morning briefing podcast
- Radiocentre Newsletter
- RadioWorks – Story of the week Newsletter
- Music Ally Newsletter
- Mediatel Newsletter